We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details);
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- personalise our website for you;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- send you goods purchased through our website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website .
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- we use session cookies to enable the use of a shopping cart on the website;
- we use anonymous persistent cookies to recognise a computer when a user visits our website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 47) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 52), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
- in Firefox (version 47), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 52), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
You can contact us:
- using our website contact form; or
- by email, using the email address published on our website